Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mama Mia's Intalian Restaurant

Mama Mia's Italian Restaurant
On Westchester Dr.
High Point, NC

Today my wife and I had the pleasure of eating at this fine restaurant. Upon entering, we noticed the lovely decor, and were promptly greeted and seated, even though we arrived about ten minutes before they were suppose to open. We both ordered water to drink. The glasses were spotless, and the water tasted fresh and crisp, no hint of minerals or other contaminants. Our drinks were brought out along with this delicious basket of Italian Bread. It hot, soft, and had a hint of garlic as well as other seasonings. We were also served small butter containers to put on the bread. This was real butter, none of that margarine crap. The ingredients listed on the butter container was double whipped cream, and salt. It was a very light yellow color, and was served very cold, almost freezing. Applying it to the hot bread was easy, as it melted into the bread and spread out. This kept me from ending up with most of the butter dripping onto my fingers, or stuck to the knife. The bread was delicious with and without the butter.

I ordered a chicken parmigiana sub. My wife ordered the Italian cold cut sub. We were given the choice of chips or fries. We both chose fries. The subs cost about $5.75 each. (about as much as Subway charges) Our food was presented to us with the cheese melted on top of it, and the subs open, giving us a wonderful presentation of the contents. We were also offered fresh grated parmesan cheese as well. I declined. My wife accepted, and our waitress proceeded to grate it fresh, on top of her sub. The meal was very enjoyable, hot, and fresh. The fries were cooked perfectly. They were not too crisp, or undercooked. They weren't greasy or salty. They were just perfect, served with ketchup in a little ceramic cup. The portions were excellent considering the cost of the meal. The waitress kept our glasses full, and periodically checked in with us to see if we needed anything. We both asked for a to-go box, as after eating the bread, some fries, and half a sub, we were both full.

Upon our request, the manager came out to speak with us. We let him know we were very happy with our waitress as well as the food. My wife and I will definitely be eating here again. I also plan on bringing some of my friends and family here as well. All of their subs were in the $5 range, while their other dishes were between $7 and $10. I can't wait to try their fettuccine alfredo at $8.99. In fact, when time and money permits, I want to try everything they have! It's just that good! I urge you, try eating there ASAP! It's the best!

No comments: