Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Obsolete

I'm driving the digital highway,
my passengers on my back,
I must do this every day,
protecting them against hacks.

Precious data I carry,
they all depend on me,
the bandwidth always varies,
it's always my fault you see.

Holding up this digital place,
by sheer will alone,
so many things I must face,
like being crushed by a stone.

It all moves too fast,
struggling to upgrade,
I don't think I'll last,
how many errors have I made?

Crashing always on my mind,
as I struggle to keep this fear in check,
will I avoid it this time,
or will it all end in a horrid wreck?

I must go faster,
I must keep them all safe,
or it will end in disaster,
a rest I can never take.

This digital highway began so nice,
with many wonderful places to explore,
now it is the source of total fright,
filled with so many things I can't ignore.

The data stream is one way it seems,
it just doesn't seem fair,
no longer what I once dreamed,
I can't escape anywhere.

The archive bit is TRUE,
the backup will run,
what can I do,
but wait for it to be done.

Stored onto a tape,
tossed to the side,
then it's too late,
forgotten in time.

Stashed away like others before,
I slowly degrade,
one day unable to restore,
I'll just fade...

What of the data I carry,
when I am replaced,
the possibilities are scary,
something I don't want to face.

Running at overclocked speeds,
the need is great,
no rest in sight that I can see,
such is my fate.

-=databat=-

No comments: