Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Little Drummer Boy

I love Christmas always have and always will. I especially like Christmas music and as I was singing one of my favorites today. There is a line in it that caught my attention. The song was, "The Little Drummer Boy". The line is where the little drummer boy admits to the baby Jesus that he has no gift to bring that is fit for a king. I started thinking about that and what Christmas is all about. It is not about the gifts we buy to give one another. It is not about the food we eat the different ways we celebrate. It is about one thing and one thing alone. The birth of Jesus Christ and the wonderful gift he represented. The gift of eternal life. All we have to do is accept it.. thats it... nothing else. So when that little drummer boy is worried about not having a suitable gift the irony is the King had one for him.

No comments: