Thursday, December 14, 2006

Eagle

I spread my wings and fly,
now my home is the sky.

All alone among the clouds,
this is what my life is about.

Eagles eye crystal clear,
I see only one thing I fear,
and I wonder,what I'm doing here.

It's my own fault,
can't use this beak to talk,
it's cold up high,
Heart so cold,
it's been so long,
what I would give,
to hear love's sweet song.

I fly around,
circle down,
only to get shot to the ground.

Again,
it's because of me,
trusting I had to be,
she has hurt me,
why can't love let me die in peace!?!

Tugging at my heart,
yet I resist,
unable to stop love's sweet soul kiss.

I fly away,
trying to escape,
knowing my flight is a fake.

Secretly wishing to get caught,
yet afraid of what it has brought,
it is with me,
I can see,
why can't these thoughts just let me be.

-=databat=-

No comments: