Thursday, December 14, 2006

Eternal Battle

I wonder through life and battle pain,
icy shield and a sword of flame.
To the world happy I seem,
when I laugh,
thats not what my heart really means.

Others think I am fine,
they never see me cryin'.
From the pain I try to hide,
push it off to the side.

Eternal war rages on,
fire and ice,
battle on.
Fight the hurt,
freeze the pain,
it always comes back,
again and again.

Take a look into my glossy eyes,
from what you see,
why is that a suprise?
Perhaps you are startled by what's in my soul,
do you dare journey further,
are you that bold?

If you can understand,
I'll let you in,
if not,
do not mention it again.

But why should I let you in?
So I can be hurt again?
Flaming arrows have pierced my heart,
freezing ice has torn it apart.

I've picked up the pieces again and again,
when will this nightmare end?
If you can't accept me for who I am,
then in your heart you are a lost lamb.

In this world things aren't what they seem,
try to understand what I mean.
When I see that glimmer in your eye,
I look past it,
behind your disguise.
I see who you are,
Yet I look inside myself and things are dark.

Lonely,
trapped inside the ice.
Protecting a broken heart,
once,
twice,
thrice.

If to you a riddle this seems,
then you do not understand what I mean.

Looking,
waiting once more,
no one special to visit my hearts door.
Eternal battle rages on,
others do not hear the horrid song.

-=databat=-

No comments: